Gangster Act imposed on arrested BSP MP
Jaunpur: Police has imposed the Gangster Act against BSP MP Dhananjay Singh, who was arrested in connection with a double murder case on December 11.
"The Gangster Act has been invoked against Singh and his other accomplices identified as Ashutosh Singh, Punit Singh, Sandeep Singh and Dabbu Singh," Circle Officer Kerakat Netrapal Singh said.
Singh, produced before Chief Judicial Magistrate Ashraf Ansari on December 12 after his arrest, was sent to judicial custody till December 23, the next date of hearing.
The BSP MP was arrested from Lucknow in connection with a double murder in Kerakat area of Jaunpur district.
On April one, 2010, a contractor Sanjay Nishad and a tea vendor Nandlal were shot dead by some persons. Later four persons were arrested in connection with the case.
The inquiry into the double murder was later transferred to CB-CID.
The MP was allegedly involved in the conspiracy to kill the duo.
Dhananjay, whose name figured in connection with chief medical officer murder cases and National Rural Health Mission scam in Uttar Pradesh, was suspended from BSP on September 24 on charges of anti-party activities but his suspension was revoked a few days before the Winter Session of UP Assembly in
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state