Gangster Act imposed on six arrested dalits in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Six dalits, arrested for their alleged involvement in a clash with gujjars, have also been booked here under the Gangster Act, police said here on Saturday.
One person belonging to the gujjar community was killed and several others injured in a clash between dalits and gujjars following a dispute over construction of a wall of Ravidas temple at Noorpur village here on March 22.
The accused Kuldeep, Govind, Sonu, Tinku, Udham and Ramesh were charged under the Gangster Act by the district authorities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie