Gangster Act imposed on six arrested dalits in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Six dalits, arrested for their alleged involvement in a clash with gujjars, have also been booked here under the Gangster Act, police said here on Saturday.
One person belonging to the gujjar community was killed and several others injured in a clash between dalits and gujjars following a dispute over construction of a wall of Ravidas temple at Noorpur village here on March 22.
The accused Kuldeep, Govind, Sonu, Tinku, Udham and Ramesh were charged under the Gangster Act by the district authorities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'