Gangster Act imposed on six arrested dalits in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Six dalits, arrested for their alleged involvement in a clash with gujjars, have also been booked here under the Gangster Act, police said here on Saturday.
One person belonging to the gujjar community was killed and several others injured in a clash between dalits and gujjars following a dispute over construction of a wall of Ravidas temple at Noorpur village here on March 22.
The accused Kuldeep, Govind, Sonu, Tinku, Udham and Ramesh were charged under the Gangster Act by the district authorities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Indrani Mukerjea's statement on suspected drug overdose recorded
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka