Gangster Act imposed on six arrested dalits in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Six dalits, arrested for their alleged involvement in a clash with gujjars, have also been booked here under the Gangster Act, police said here on Saturday.
One person belonging to the gujjar community was killed and several others injured in a clash between dalits and gujjars following a dispute over construction of a wall of Ravidas temple at Noorpur village here on March 22.
The accused Kuldeep, Govind, Sonu, Tinku, Udham and Ramesh were charged under the Gangster Act by the district authorities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- Adorable! This cute baby goes to bed with his best mate dog – Watch video
- Supreme Court to consider NEET exemption applications on Tuesday
- Delhi, Jammu, Shimla see hottest day of season; Telangana toll 178
- Rahul Gandhi to be Congress chief in 2016: Jairam Ramesh
- NDA to tread Ambedkar's path; favours quota in private sector