Gangster Act imposed on six arrested dalits in UP
Muzaffarnagar: Six dalits, arrested for their alleged involvement in a clash with gujjars, have also been booked here under the Gangster Act, police said here on Saturday.
One person belonging to the gujjar community was killed and several others injured in a clash between dalits and gujjars following a dispute over construction of a wall of Ravidas temple at Noorpur village here on March 22.
The accused Kuldeep, Govind, Sonu, Tinku, Udham and Ramesh were charged under the Gangster Act by the district authorities, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi