Gangster caught, case lodged against 11 policemen
Muzaffarnagar: An alleged gangster, who escaped from police custody two days ago, has been caught and a case registered against 11 policemen on charges of negligence.
Brijpal, against whom the Gangsters Act was invoked, had escaped from police custody, while he was returning to Muzaffarnagar District Jail from Saharanpur Court on August 25, police said.
He was arrested yesterday from Saharanpur district.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered against 11 policemen, who were escorting Brijpal, on charges of negligence.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends