Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A gangster wanted in over 20 criminal cases was gunned down early Wednesday in Uttar Pradesh`s Ghazipur district even as his two aides escaped, police said.
Radhey Harijan, 34, who carried a reward of Rs.50,000 for his capture, was shot dead by the police in Bankathiya village, some 250 km from Lucknow.
"He had over 20 criminal cases, including murder, abduction and other heinous crimes, pending against him in Uttar Pradesh," Inspector Rahul Singh told reporters in Ghazipur.
"We got a tip-off that Harijan was going towards Azamgarh district along with his two accomplices to execute some criminal activity. We carried out an operation with the assistance of the Special Operation Group and gunned him down after half-an-hour of gun battle," he added.
Police have constituted teams to nab the two associates of Harijan who managed to escape during the firing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’