Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 for his capture was gunned down by police in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, police said.
Thirty-five-year-old Harinarayan, wanted in around 20 criminal cases including contract killings and abduction, was shot dead during a gun battle with the Special Task Force (STF) in Wazirganj area of Gonda district but his two aides escaped.
"Acting on a tip-off, STF sleuths raided a hideout where Harinarayan and his gang members were planning the murder of a local businessman," police inspector Ram Iqbal told reporters in Gonda, 150 km from here.
"To avoid arrest, they fired at the police. While Harinarayan was killed in the retaliatory firing, his two accomplices managed to run away," he added.
Police said two pistols and several cartridges were recovered from the gangster`s possession.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai