Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 for his capture was gunned down by police in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, police said.
Thirty-five-year-old Harinarayan, wanted in around 20 criminal cases including contract killings and abduction, was shot dead during a gun battle with the Special Task Force (STF) in Wazirganj area of Gonda district but his two aides escaped.
"Acting on a tip-off, STF sleuths raided a hideout where Harinarayan and his gang members were planning the murder of a local businessman," police inspector Ram Iqbal told reporters in Gonda, 150 km from here.
"To avoid arrest, they fired at the police. While Harinarayan was killed in the retaliatory firing, his two accomplices managed to run away," he added.
Police said two pistols and several cartridges were recovered from the gangster`s possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- China's state media calls LeT 'Pak-based military group', downplays boycott call of Chinese goods in Indian markets
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media