Gangster gunned down in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A gangster carrying a reward of Rs 50,000 for his capture was gunned down by police in Uttar Pradesh on Friday, police said.
Thirty-five-year-old Harinarayan, wanted in around 20 criminal cases including contract killings and abduction, was shot dead during a gun battle with the Special Task Force (STF) in Wazirganj area of Gonda district but his two aides escaped.
"Acting on a tip-off, STF sleuths raided a hideout where Harinarayan and his gang members were planning the murder of a local businessman," police inspector Ram Iqbal told reporters in Gonda, 150 km from here.
"To avoid arrest, they fired at the police. While Harinarayan was killed in the retaliatory firing, his two accomplices managed to run away," he added.
Police said two pistols and several cartridges were recovered from the gangster`s possession.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan