Gangsters gunned down in an encounter in Meerut
Meerut: Police have shot
dead two gangsters who they alleged were involved in the
murder of former Meerut MP Amarpal Singh in November last
Anil Sissoli and Rajendra Bhabhisa were gunned down in
an encounter in Muzaffarnagar district yesterday, police said
However, police did not disclose any information on
the motive or other accused involved in the murder of Singh.
Superintendent of Police (Rural) H N Singh today
paraded at a press conference the slain MP`s driver, Manoj,
who alleged that the two gangsters had murdered Singh. Manoj
was accompanying Amarpal Singh when he was shot dead in his
car by assailants.
"The murder case has been partly solved and further
investigations are," the SP said in Meerut.
Sisoli, who has over 18 cases registered on
him, had murdered his neighbour Subhash in 1994 after which
he fled to his maternal uncle and enetered the world of crime,
police said, adding he carried a reward of Rs50,000.
Police also recovered over 14 SIM cards of different
companies from him.
Bhabisa carried a reward of Rs 5,000 on his head.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress