Meerut: Two prisoners, serving life
imprisonment, received burn injuries in a gas leak incident at
Chaudhary Charan Singh jail here, police said Tuesday.
The mishap occurred this morning when gas pipeline
suddenly burst while food was being cooked in the jail
Yameen, who received sixty per cent burn injuries, was
rushed to Delhi`s Safdarjung hospital in a serious condition,
Senior Jail Superintendent R K Kesarvani said, adding another
prisoner is stable.
Yameen was sentenced to life imprisonment in a seven-year
-old murder case at the district jail, he added.