Gear up for LS polls ‘anytime in 2013’: Mulayam
Lucknow: Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav appears to have fast tracked his party`s preparations for Lok Sabha polls by reportedly asking his party men to be prepared for the polls ``anytime in 2013``, party sources said.
Insiders in the party said that Mulayam asked his party men to be prepared for the LS polls "anytime in 2013" and gave them a target of 50 seats. He also asked the leaders to fan out in the constituencies and try to tell them what all the SP government had done for them in the last three months under the chief ministership of his son, Akhilesh Yadav.
At a meeting held under Mulayam`s chairmanship, the SP has also appointed 58 observers for the 58 parliamentary constituencies it was defeated in the last general elections.
The party decided that a call would be taken later on the 22 Lok Sabha seats it holds presently.
The party leadership also decided that no ministers of the state government and legislators would be allowed to contest the Lok Sabha polls.
At the two-hour-long meeting, the party also asked the observers to travel to the constituencies, talk to people, cadres and the local leadership to gauge the mind of the electorate on local issues before submitting a detailed report to the national leadership by July 30.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’