Get all on board to get black money back: Maya to UPA
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati Monday said that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government should take all political parties on board and form a strategy to bring back black money stashed in banks abroad.
"It is a serious matter and efforts should be made to bring back black money. The government should take all political parties on board on the issue," Mayawati told reporters outside parliament.
She said the money when brought back to India should be distributed among below poverty line (BPL) families.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who had been staging a protest at the Ramlila Maidan here against corruption since Thursday, was detained by police Monday as he led supporters towards Parliament House.
The matter was also raised in both houses of parliament by the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report