Get all on board to get black money back: Maya to UPA
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati Monday said that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government should take all political parties on board and form a strategy to bring back black money stashed in banks abroad.
"It is a serious matter and efforts should be made to bring back black money. The government should take all political parties on board on the issue," Mayawati told reporters outside parliament.
She said the money when brought back to India should be distributed among below poverty line (BPL) families.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who had been staging a protest at the Ramlila Maidan here against corruption since Thursday, was detained by police Monday as he led supporters towards Parliament House.
The matter was also raised in both houses of parliament by the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users