Get all on board to get black money back: Maya to UPA
New Delhi: Bahujan Samaj Party chief Mayawati Monday said that the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government should take all political parties on board and form a strategy to bring back black money stashed in banks abroad.
"It is a serious matter and efforts should be made to bring back black money. The government should take all political parties on board on the issue," Mayawati told reporters outside parliament.
She said the money when brought back to India should be distributed among below poverty line (BPL) families.
Yoga guru Baba Ramdev, who had been staging a protest at the Ramlila Maidan here against corruption since Thursday, was detained by police Monday as he led supporters towards Parliament House.
The matter was also raised in both houses of parliament by the opposition National Democratic Alliance (NDA).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah