Ghaziabad civic body official killed; employees stage protest
Ghaziabad: An official of Ghaziabad
Municipal Corporation was allegedly shot dead and his wife`s
jewellery looted by two bike-borne men in Sahibabad area of
the district, police said on Saturday.
Dharmendar, a supervisor with Ghaziabad Municipal
Corporation, was returning from Delhi with his wife after
attending a funeral ceremony last night when he was
intercepted by the assailants near Faran Gate, the police
They allegedly shot at Dharmendar and snatched
jewelleries of his wife, the police said, adding that he was
rushed to Narender Mohan hospital where he died during the
City Magistrate Umesh Mishra and Superintendent of
Police, JK Shahi reached at spot later.
Employees of Municipal Corporation today staged protest
against the increasing incidents of crime in the district, and
criticised the Police Chief Raghubir Lal for his inaction.
They gave an ultimatum to the police to solve the case in
two days and also demanded a compensation of Rs 10 lakh from
UP government along with jobs to victim`s children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!