Ghaziabad civic body official killed; employees stage protest
Ghaziabad: An official of Ghaziabad
Municipal Corporation was allegedly shot dead and his wife`s
jewellery looted by two bike-borne men in Sahibabad area of
the district, police said on Saturday.
Dharmendar, a supervisor with Ghaziabad Municipal
Corporation, was returning from Delhi with his wife after
attending a funeral ceremony last night when he was
intercepted by the assailants near Faran Gate, the police
They allegedly shot at Dharmendar and snatched
jewelleries of his wife, the police said, adding that he was
rushed to Narender Mohan hospital where he died during the
City Magistrate Umesh Mishra and Superintendent of
Police, JK Shahi reached at spot later.
Employees of Municipal Corporation today staged protest
against the increasing incidents of crime in the district, and
criticised the Police Chief Raghubir Lal for his inaction.
They gave an ultimatum to the police to solve the case in
two days and also demanded a compensation of Rs 10 lakh from
UP government along with jobs to victim`s children.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued