Ghaziabad DM orders removal of political posters, banners
Ghaziabad: The district administration has launched a drive to remove all hoardings, banners and posters of political parties owing to the Model Code of Conduct in place ahead of Lok Sabha elections scheduled for April 10.
Local leaders of Samajwadi Party, Bahujan Party, BJP and other parties have put up their party posters, hoardings and banners on walls along footpaths and other important areas of the district.
"Ghaziabad Nagar Nigam has been asked to remove such posters, hoarding and banners of local political leaders as model code of conduct is in place. Besides, district administration will take strict action against those violating the model code of conduct," District Magistrate (Ghaziabad) S V S Ranga Rao said.
Rao also said that such banners would not be allowed on public property across the district, adding that police have also been asked to register case against violators.
Dharmendra Singh, senior superintendent of police (SSP) said that a drive has been launched to check such posters, hoardings and banners.
"District administration and GNN have started a drive to remove them installed on public properties. If hoarding which is installed on private land would be added to candidates` election expenditure," Dharmendra Singh said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Check Jharkhand JAC 12th Intermediate Arts Results 2015 on jac.nic.in