Ghaziabad DM transferred
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government
has transferred Ghaziabad District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar
for his alleged negligence in dealing with the jat leaders,
who were on a protest demanding reservation in government jobs
and disrupted water supply to Delhi.
The transfer order was passed last night.
Gazipur DM Hredesh Kumar now will take over the charge
as Ghaziabad DM.
"I maintained the law and order situation and
preferred to avoid violence at the site of mahapanchayat. I
had nothing to do except to maintain law and order as the
demands of jat community were concerned to Union government
and not to me," R Ramesh Kumar said.
He alleged that it was the failure of the intelligence
unit for not giving proper inputs about the possibilities of
disruption of water supply to Delhi from the Upper Ganga Canal
SSP Ghaziabad Raghubir Lal also accepted the failure
of intelligence local units for not getting information
about the major possibility of water disruption.
Members of Jat community led by local BKU and Lok Dal
leaders blocked water supply near Muradnagar to two water
treatment plants in Delhi demanding quota in government jobs
and higher education.
Meanwhile, President Jat Sangarsh Samiti in the state
UP Chaudhry Yashpal Malik has warned that the national capital
can face more trouble if their demands are not met by July 10.
Malik said that he had given some time to the
government for consideration in their favour and not for
neglecting their demands.
Malik said that centre has assured that a 12-member
committee, which met in Delhi yesterday, will accept the
demands of the jat community.
"Any attitude of government in neglecting our demands
will severely strain the relationship between the state and
the centre and which could affect the life of a common man in
Delhi and UP," Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested