Ghaziabad DM transferred
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government
has transferred Ghaziabad District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar
for his alleged negligence in dealing with the jat leaders,
who were on a protest demanding reservation in government jobs
and disrupted water supply to Delhi.
The transfer order was passed last night.
Gazipur DM Hredesh Kumar now will take over the charge
as Ghaziabad DM.
"I maintained the law and order situation and
preferred to avoid violence at the site of mahapanchayat. I
had nothing to do except to maintain law and order as the
demands of jat community were concerned to Union government
and not to me," R Ramesh Kumar said.
He alleged that it was the failure of the intelligence
unit for not giving proper inputs about the possibilities of
disruption of water supply to Delhi from the Upper Ganga Canal
SSP Ghaziabad Raghubir Lal also accepted the failure
of intelligence local units for not getting information
about the major possibility of water disruption.
Members of Jat community led by local BKU and Lok Dal
leaders blocked water supply near Muradnagar to two water
treatment plants in Delhi demanding quota in government jobs
and higher education.
Meanwhile, President Jat Sangarsh Samiti in the state
UP Chaudhry Yashpal Malik has warned that the national capital
can face more trouble if their demands are not met by July 10.
Malik said that he had given some time to the
government for consideration in their favour and not for
neglecting their demands.
Malik said that centre has assured that a 12-member
committee, which met in Delhi yesterday, will accept the
demands of the jat community.
"Any attitude of government in neglecting our demands
will severely strain the relationship between the state and
the centre and which could affect the life of a common man in
Delhi and UP," Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends