Ghaziabad DM transferred
Ghaziabad: The Uttar Pradesh government
has transferred Ghaziabad District Magistrate R Ramesh Kumar
for his alleged negligence in dealing with the jat leaders,
who were on a protest demanding reservation in government jobs
and disrupted water supply to Delhi.
The transfer order was passed last night.
Gazipur DM Hredesh Kumar now will take over the charge
as Ghaziabad DM.
"I maintained the law and order situation and
preferred to avoid violence at the site of mahapanchayat. I
had nothing to do except to maintain law and order as the
demands of jat community were concerned to Union government
and not to me," R Ramesh Kumar said.
He alleged that it was the failure of the intelligence
unit for not giving proper inputs about the possibilities of
disruption of water supply to Delhi from the Upper Ganga Canal
SSP Ghaziabad Raghubir Lal also accepted the failure
of intelligence local units for not getting information
about the major possibility of water disruption.
Members of Jat community led by local BKU and Lok Dal
leaders blocked water supply near Muradnagar to two water
treatment plants in Delhi demanding quota in government jobs
and higher education.
Meanwhile, President Jat Sangarsh Samiti in the state
UP Chaudhry Yashpal Malik has warned that the national capital
can face more trouble if their demands are not met by July 10.
Malik said that he had given some time to the
government for consideration in their favour and not for
neglecting their demands.
Malik said that centre has assured that a 12-member
committee, which met in Delhi yesterday, will accept the
demands of the jat community.
"Any attitude of government in neglecting our demands
will severely strain the relationship between the state and
the centre and which could affect the life of a common man in
Delhi and UP," Malik said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’