Ghaziabad double murder case solved: Police
Ghaziabad: The district police Monday claimed
to have solved a double murder case by arresting nine persons,
including the prime accused in the crime.
Police yesterday arrested Shyam Singh, who was allegedly
behind the kidnap and murder of Farooq (22) and Narender (19),
who went missing on April 4 when they were returning home with
a soil-laden tractor, Senior Superintendent of Police Raghubir
The accused had allegedly demanded a Rs 5 lakh ransom for
their safe release from the families of the two.
Later, bodies of tractor owner Farooq and his helper
Narender were recovered from a village in Baghpat, he said,
adding both the bodies were identified by their families.
Eight more persons were arrested earlier in connection
with the incident.
According to police, as the families failed to pay the
ransom the duo were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon