Ghaziabad double murder case solved: Police
Ghaziabad: The district police Monday claimed
to have solved a double murder case by arresting nine persons,
including the prime accused in the crime.
Police yesterday arrested Shyam Singh, who was allegedly
behind the kidnap and murder of Farooq (22) and Narender (19),
who went missing on April 4 when they were returning home with
a soil-laden tractor, Senior Superintendent of Police Raghubir
The accused had allegedly demanded a Rs 5 lakh ransom for
their safe release from the families of the two.
Later, bodies of tractor owner Farooq and his helper
Narender were recovered from a village in Baghpat, he said,
adding both the bodies were identified by their families.
Eight more persons were arrested earlier in connection
with the incident.
According to police, as the families failed to pay the
ransom the duo were killed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM