Ghaziabad murders: Cong leaders begin fast to demand CBI probe
Ghaziabad: Demanding CBI probe into the Ghaziabad family murder case, several local Congress leaders on Saturday began an indefinite fast here, claiming that the arrested driver alone could not have carried out the murders.
The protesters, led by Congress leader and former state UP minister Satish Sharma, accused the Ghaziabad police of framing Rahul alone for the murder of seven members of a family in an attempt to show that they have cracked the case.
Politicians from other parties, traders and social activists have also demanded CBI probe into the murders.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, has been arrested for the murders.
He was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'