Ghaziabad murders: Cong leaders begin fast to demand CBI probe
Ghaziabad: Demanding CBI probe into the Ghaziabad family murder case, several local Congress leaders on Saturday began an indefinite fast here, claiming that the arrested driver alone could not have carried out the murders.
The protesters, led by Congress leader and former state UP minister Satish Sharma, accused the Ghaziabad police of framing Rahul alone for the murder of seven members of a family in an attempt to show that they have cracked the case.
Politicians from other parties, traders and social activists have also demanded CBI probe into the murders.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, has been arrested for the murders.
He was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Shocking ISIS video: English-speaking 10-year-old boy beheads hostage, warns America