Ghaziabad murders: Cong leaders begin fast to demand CBI probe
Ghaziabad: Demanding CBI probe into the Ghaziabad family murder case, several local Congress leaders on Saturday began an indefinite fast here, claiming that the arrested driver alone could not have carried out the murders.
The protesters, led by Congress leader and former state UP minister Satish Sharma, accused the Ghaziabad police of framing Rahul alone for the murder of seven members of a family in an attempt to show that they have cracked the case.
Politicians from other parties, traders and social activists have also demanded CBI probe into the murders.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, has been arrested for the murders.
He was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DNA: Today in History, 18th February, 2017
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal