Ghaziabad murders: Cong leaders begin fast to demand CBI probe
Ghaziabad: Demanding CBI probe into the Ghaziabad family murder case, several local Congress leaders on Saturday began an indefinite fast here, claiming that the arrested driver alone could not have carried out the murders.
The protesters, led by Congress leader and former state UP minister Satish Sharma, accused the Ghaziabad police of framing Rahul alone for the murder of seven members of a family in an attempt to show that they have cracked the case.
Politicians from other parties, traders and social activists have also demanded CBI probe into the murders.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, has been arrested for the murders.
He was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon