Ghaziabad murders: Cong leaders begin fast to demand CBI probe
Ghaziabad: Demanding CBI probe into the Ghaziabad family murder case, several local Congress leaders on Saturday began an indefinite fast here, claiming that the arrested driver alone could not have carried out the murders.
The protesters, led by Congress leader and former state UP minister Satish Sharma, accused the Ghaziabad police of framing Rahul alone for the murder of seven members of a family in an attempt to show that they have cracked the case.
Politicians from other parties, traders and social activists have also demanded CBI probe into the murders.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, has been arrested for the murders.
He was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing