Ghaziabad murders: Driver`s aide nabbed
Ghaziabad: Police have nabbed an accomplice of the arrested driver in the Ghaziabad family murder case for a theft of Rs 4.5 lakh from the deceased` house, carried out days before the killings.
Jugnu Jacob, a resident of Arya Nagar, had allegedly helped Rahul Soni, the main accused in the murder of seven family members here, in the theft which was carried out just 10-15 days before the killings.
Jugnu was arrested yesterday evening with cash worth Rs 20,000, a country-made pistol and some cartridges, SSP Nitin Tiwari said today.
On Tuesday night, businessman Satish Chandra Goel (65) along with six members of his family were murdered at their home in Nai Basti area.
Goel, his wife Manju (62), son Sachin (40), daughter in-law Rekha (38) and three grandchildren -- Megha (13), Neha (10) and Aman (7) were slayed on the fateful night.
22-year-old Rahul, who earlier worked as driver with Goel`s family, was arrested on Wednesday night along with jewellery, blood stained clothes and a rope used in the crime.
Rahul was sent to two-day police custody today for his further interrogation into the case, Tiwari said, adding that a search is on for one Prashant for his possible involvement in the murders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"