Ghaziabad police bust inter-state gang of vehicle robbers
Ghaziabad: Local police today
claimed to have busted an inter-state gang of vehicle robbers
including retired army officers which allegedly sold stolen
cars to defence personnel and recovered five cars.
At a press conference, Senior Superintendent of Police
Raghubir Lal said Colonel (retd) N N Singh, who hailed from
Bokaro in Jharkhand, was arrested after a police team searched
a car in Muradnagar on the basis of a tip-off.
He said the alleged gang leader Colonel (retd) M P
Singh managed to escape.
Lal claimed the former army officer told the police
that the cars were stolen by two hired thieves Sanjay and Raj
Kumar and the gang would get documents prepared from Bihar and
Jharkhand transport departments.
The stolen vehicles would then be sold to army
The SSP said he spoke to five army officers in
Panchkula (Haryana) and Secundrabad (Andhra Pradesh) who
purchased vehicles from the gang and they handed over the cars
to the Ghaziabad Police.
N N Singh was sent to jail after being produced before
The SSP said he had also suspended Sub-inspector
Pankaj Verma for alleged negligence for letting the gang
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?