Ghaziabad police bust inter-state gang of vehicle robbers
Ghaziabad: Local police today
claimed to have busted an inter-state gang of vehicle robbers
including retired army officers which allegedly sold stolen
cars to defence personnel and recovered five cars.
At a press conference, Senior Superintendent of Police
Raghubir Lal said Colonel (retd) N N Singh, who hailed from
Bokaro in Jharkhand, was arrested after a police team searched
a car in Muradnagar on the basis of a tip-off.
He said the alleged gang leader Colonel (retd) M P
Singh managed to escape.
Lal claimed the former army officer told the police
that the cars were stolen by two hired thieves Sanjay and Raj
Kumar and the gang would get documents prepared from Bihar and
Jharkhand transport departments.
The stolen vehicles would then be sold to army
The SSP said he spoke to five army officers in
Panchkula (Haryana) and Secundrabad (Andhra Pradesh) who
purchased vehicles from the gang and they handed over the cars
to the Ghaziabad Police.
N N Singh was sent to jail after being produced before
The SSP said he had also suspended Sub-inspector
Pankaj Verma for alleged negligence for letting the gang
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days