Ghaziabad public schools restrained from hiking fees
Ghaziabad: The district administration today restrained public schools here from hiking fees and ordered them to continue with the 2011 fee structure as per which tuition fee cannot be revised more than 10 per cent at a time.
On recommendations of a committee constituted by him, district magistrate S V S Ranga Rao ordered school authorities to refund those who have paid increased fee with the same within a week or adjust it later along with interest.
Criticizing public schools for not helping the committee in its probe related to fee hike, Ranga Rao said the schools hiked fee indiscriminately.
He said until further notice, the schools will strictly follow the fee structure according to the 2011 state government order.
If any complaint from students is received of not following the order, an FIR will be lodged against the school management, he said.
Several irate parents have been protesting against "unreasonable" fee hike for several week now. They also staged a protest outside the Collectorate`s office here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron