Ghaziabad: Three mowed down by speeding vehicle
Ghaziabad: Three people were killed and 10 injured when a pickup vehicle first rammed into parked vehicles and then group of people near a temple on the National Highway-58 in Ghaziabad Monday night, police said.
The goods vehicle`s driver was drunk.
According to Murad Nagar station officer Avnish Dixit, the speeding Canter which was headed towards Meerut, crashed into a line-up of vehicles near Manan Dham temple near Morta police post.
The vehicle first rammed into an I10 car, then crashed into an Alto, followed by an auto after which it hit a group of people crossing the road near the temple. It also hit three bikes.
The injured were rushed to MMG and Sarvodaya hospital where three people succumbed to their injuries while ten were stated to be critical.
The deceased were identified as Kusum, Pushpa and Chaman Bhagwat while the injured were identified as Saurabh, Monika, Vikas, Sandhya, Yogesh Goel and Saurabh Goel.
"The driver of the Canter was under the influence of alcohol and was driving at high speed. We have arrested him and impounded the vehicle," Dixit said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed
- Yakub Memon wanted to meet his daughter before being hanged