Ghaziabad toll booth staff fired at, cash looted
Ghaziabad: A day after a toll booth operator
was shot dead on the Gurgaon Expressway, a group of around 14
youths allegedly opened fire and looted cash from employees of
Dasna toll plaza in Mussoorie area here on Saturday.
Suneel Chaube, a ticket collector at the toll plaza said
that a group of youths had an argument with employees of the
booth last night over payment of toll fee to use the highway.
The youths, in four cars, were locals and refused to pay
the fee, insisting that they must be allowed to go without
paying any money, Chaube said.
He said when the attendants insisted that the fee be
paid, arguments followed and the youths fired many rounds in
the air and fled with the cash that the toll staff had
However, no complaint has been lodged in this connection.
An attendant of a toll plaza at Kheri Daula in Gurgaon
was shot dead on September 22 by unknown persons apparently
after they had an argument over payment of toll fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire