Ghaziabad toll booth staff fired at, cash looted
Ghaziabad: A day after a toll booth operator
was shot dead on the Gurgaon Expressway, a group of around 14
youths allegedly opened fire and looted cash from employees of
Dasna toll plaza in Mussoorie area here on Saturday.
Suneel Chaube, a ticket collector at the toll plaza said
that a group of youths had an argument with employees of the
booth last night over payment of toll fee to use the highway.
The youths, in four cars, were locals and refused to pay
the fee, insisting that they must be allowed to go without
paying any money, Chaube said.
He said when the attendants insisted that the fee be
paid, arguments followed and the youths fired many rounds in
the air and fled with the cash that the toll staff had
However, no complaint has been lodged in this connection.
An attendant of a toll plaza at Kheri Daula in Gurgaon
was shot dead on September 22 by unknown persons apparently
after they had an argument over payment of toll fee.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’