Ghaziabad violence: Two intelligence officials suspended
Ghaziabad: Two intelligence officials of Uttar Pradesh Police have been suspended while another official may face the same fate over failure to provide intelligence inputs in Friday night`s violence in Ghaziabad`s Masuri area in which six people were killed in alleged police firing.
A senior sub-inspector (SSI) and a sub-inspector (SI) with the local intelligence unit (LIU) have been suspended, while suspension of circle officer-LIU has been recommended to the state government, a police official said.
"In addition to these punitive actions, a high-level probe by the divisional commissioner is on. No arrest has been made so far for rioting," Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar said here Sunday.
Masuri police station in-charge P.K. Singh has also been suspended and transfer of Circle Officer-Sadar Ajay Kumar and Sub-Divisional Magistrate Keshav Kumar has been recommended, he said.
A police station in Masuri town was set afire by an irate mob Friday night, following discovery of a Holy Quran with its pages splashed with abusive graffiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan