Ghaziabad violence: Two intelligence officials suspended
Ghaziabad: Two intelligence officials of Uttar Pradesh Police have been suspended while another official may face the same fate over failure to provide intelligence inputs in Friday night`s violence in Ghaziabad`s Masuri area in which six people were killed in alleged police firing.
A senior sub-inspector (SSI) and a sub-inspector (SI) with the local intelligence unit (LIU) have been suspended, while suspension of circle officer-LIU has been recommended to the state government, a police official said.
"In addition to these punitive actions, a high-level probe by the divisional commissioner is on. No arrest has been made so far for rioting," Senior Superintendent Police (SSP) Ghaziabad Prashant Kumar said here Sunday.
Masuri police station in-charge P.K. Singh has also been suspended and transfer of Circle Officer-Sadar Ajay Kumar and Sub-Divisional Magistrate Keshav Kumar has been recommended, he said.
A police station in Masuri town was set afire by an irate mob Friday night, following discovery of a Holy Quran with its pages splashed with abusive graffiti.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon