Ghazipur jail superintendent suspended
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended Ghazipur jail superintendent following deaths of three undertrials in the prison, officials said here on Friday.
Ghazipur Jail Superintendent BC Yadav was suspended by the state government on recommendations of Prison department, they said.
60-year-old Brahm Deo, lodged at Ghazipur district jail, reportedly fell ill and died on June 21. On the same day two more inmates Ram Bharose Yadav (a criminal with over a
dozen cases) and Wasim Ahmed (booked for theft) were admitted to a hospital in critical condition.
Both of them died later.
The government has already suspended Ghazipur jailer Sitaram, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Para SF of Indian Army - The specialised combat force!
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij takes back his insulting comments against Gandhi
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre