Ghazipur jail superintendent suspended
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended Ghazipur jail superintendent following deaths of three undertrials in the prison, officials said here on Friday.
Ghazipur Jail Superintendent BC Yadav was suspended by the state government on recommendations of Prison department, they said.
60-year-old Brahm Deo, lodged at Ghazipur district jail, reportedly fell ill and died on June 21. On the same day two more inmates Ram Bharose Yadav (a criminal with over a
dozen cases) and Wasim Ahmed (booked for theft) were admitted to a hospital in critical condition.
Both of them died later.
The government has already suspended Ghazipur jailer Sitaram, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar