Ghazipur jail superintendent suspended
Lucknow: The Uttar Pradesh government has suspended Ghazipur jail superintendent following deaths of three undertrials in the prison, officials said here on Friday.
Ghazipur Jail Superintendent BC Yadav was suspended by the state government on recommendations of Prison department, they said.
60-year-old Brahm Deo, lodged at Ghazipur district jail, reportedly fell ill and died on June 21. On the same day two more inmates Ram Bharose Yadav (a criminal with over a
dozen cases) and Wasim Ahmed (booked for theft) were admitted to a hospital in critical condition.
Both of them died later.
The government has already suspended Ghazipur jailer Sitaram, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report