Ghazipur: Veteran freedom fighter dead
Ghazipur: Veteran freedom fighter Raghunath Rai Sharma died at his native Khardeeha village following prolonged illness.
Sharma (98), who passed away on Thursday evening, had taken part in the freedom struggle and went to jail several times, family sources said.
He would be cremated at the banks of the river Ganga later on Friday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra