Ghazipur: Veteran freedom fighter dead
Ghazipur: Veteran freedom fighter Raghunath Rai Sharma died at his native Khardeeha village following prolonged illness.
Sharma (98), who passed away on Thursday evening, had taken part in the freedom struggle and went to jail several times, family sources said.
He would be cremated at the banks of the river Ganga later on Friday, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Delhi: Driver held for creating girls' fake social media profiles
- Eng vs Pak, 1st ODI: Azhar Ali leads from front as England restrict Pakistan for 260/6
- Active parent involvement reduces obesity risk in children: Study
- Kashmir unrest: One more killed in protests; Rajnath Singh meets political leaders
- Earth-like planet found in nearest solar system: Study