Ghzbd: Teachers seek suspension of police officers
Ghaziabad: A teachers` association on Sunday demanded the suspension of police officers who had ordered lathicharge on agitating college students on Thursday in Modinagar area.
The association has decided to keep KN Modi College closed till August 23 to press the authorities for action. "The teachers have decided to abstain from the college in next two days and they will protest against the police before the district magistrate`s office on August 23, college principal SC Aggarwal said.
The teachers will also protest before the office of divisional commissioner, Meerut, on August 26, he said. Some anti-social elements had indulged in the violence but students were beaten by police, Aggarwal alleged.
Curfew had to be imposed in Modinagar area after angry college students went on rampage after a fellow student was crushed to death by a state roadways bus.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog