Girl alleges gangrape by 15 men, police deny charge
Kanpur (UP): A 17-year-old girl has alleged that she was gangraped by fifteen of her relatives, a charge denied by police.
The girl, a resident of Shagunpur village in the district, has claimed that she was gangraped by fifteen of her relatives while she was alone at her home last night.
Police, however, have denied the girl`s charge. Medical examination of the girl also does not prove rape, they said.
"The rape charge is false. The medical test on the girl shows she has not been raped. The men she is accusing are her relatives. The girl`s brother has dispute with them and therefore she is trying to trap them by falsely accusing them," DIG (Kanpur) Amitabh Yash said.
However, police are questioning persons whom the girl has alleged of raping her, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what