Girl alleges gangrape by 15 men, police deny charge
Kanpur (UP): A 17-year-old girl has alleged that she was gangraped by fifteen of her relatives, a charge denied by police.
The girl, a resident of Shagunpur village in the district, has claimed that she was gangraped by fifteen of her relatives while she was alone at her home last night.
Police, however, have denied the girl`s charge. Medical examination of the girl also does not prove rape, they said.
"The rape charge is false. The medical test on the girl shows she has not been raped. The men she is accusing are her relatives. The girl`s brother has dispute with them and therefore she is trying to trap them by falsely accusing them," DIG (Kanpur) Amitabh Yash said.
However, police are questioning persons whom the girl has alleged of raping her, he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi