Girl commits suicide after being rebuked for not going to school
Agra: A 12-year old girl, studying in class six of a school here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling after being rebuked by her parents for not going to school on Tuesday morning.
Ruby, the eldest of the four children of Ramsevak, had been avoiding going to school at Tajganj locality for some days claiming she was suffering from stomach ache.
This morning, when her mother and father scolded her and told her to go to school, she went to an upstairs room saying she was going to get ready for school.
When she did not come down, the parents went up to see what was causing the delay.
They were shocked to see Ruby’s body hanging from the ceiling with a loop made from the end of a saree around her neck.
Neighbours called the police but the girl’s family was not willing to let a post mortem operation to be performed, the Tajganj police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees