Girl commits suicide after being rebuked for not going to school
Agra: A 12-year old girl, studying in class six of a school here, allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself from the ceiling after being rebuked by her parents for not going to school on Tuesday morning.
Ruby, the eldest of the four children of Ramsevak, had been avoiding going to school at Tajganj locality for some days claiming she was suffering from stomach ache.
This morning, when her mother and father scolded her and told her to go to school, she went to an upstairs room saying she was going to get ready for school.
When she did not come down, the parents went up to see what was causing the delay.
They were shocked to see Ruby’s body hanging from the ceiling with a loop made from the end of a saree around her neck.
Neighbours called the police but the girl’s family was not willing to let a post mortem operation to be performed, the Tajganj police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympics 2016: Usain Bolt gunning for Russian ban at Rio; says move will scare drug cheats
- Video row: Speaker Mahajan hints at action even as Bhagwant Mann apologies
- Pakistan-origin British boxer Amir Khan says he will ruin Vijender Singh's career...
- Nearly 3,000 dead already in Mediterranean this year- International Organization for Migration
- Dayashankar slur row: Now, FIR filed against Mayawati, other BSP leaders