Girl commits suicide following blackmail by ex-friend
Kanpur: A girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after being blackmailed by a former friend who threatened to post her objectionable pictures online if she did not cancel her wedding next month.
Sukanya (24), residing in Naubasta Vikas area, was to get married on February 6. The girl`s mother was on the terrace last evening when she hanged herself inside her room using her dupatta. She was taken to a hospital where she was declared brought dead.
According to the police, Sukanya had left a suicide note in which she alleged that Manish and three of his friends used to blackmail her over the phone and talk about putting her pictures on the internet, due to which she was mentally disturbed and was committing suicide.
A case has been registered against Manish and his friends, who are absconding, they said.
The girl`s father Nand Lal told the police that a few months back, Sukanya worked for a computer institute where she became friendly with Manish who would also come to their house.
However, when Sukanya`s marriage was fixed, Manish allegedly started blackmailing her over phone, telling her to cancel her marriage or else he will put objectionable pictures of her on the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown