Girl commits suicide following blackmail by ex-friend
Kanpur: A girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself after being blackmailed by a former friend who threatened to post her objectionable pictures online if she did not cancel her wedding next month.
Sukanya (24), residing in Naubasta Vikas area, was to get married on February 6. The girl`s mother was on the terrace last evening when she hanged herself inside her room using her dupatta. She was taken to a hospital where she was declared brought dead.
According to the police, Sukanya had left a suicide note in which she alleged that Manish and three of his friends used to blackmail her over the phone and talk about putting her pictures on the internet, due to which she was mentally disturbed and was committing suicide.
A case has been registered against Manish and his friends, who are absconding, they said.
The girl`s father Nand Lal told the police that a few months back, Sukanya worked for a computer institute where she became friendly with Manish who would also come to their house.
However, when Sukanya`s marriage was fixed, Manish allegedly started blackmailing her over phone, telling her to cancel her marriage or else he will put objectionable pictures of her on the internet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?