Girl dies after attack by jilted lover
Lucknow: The 17-year-old girl who was set on fire by a jilted lover in Hathras in Uttar Pradesh Dec 31 succumbed to her burn injuries Saturday, police said.
The girl who had sustained 90 percent burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, passed away early Saturday, officials said.
The attacker, who was arrested would now also face murder charges. The girl was attacked inside her house in Sasni Gate area in Hathras. Arjun doused her with kerosene and set her on fire inside the girl`s house.
She was rushed to Aligarh with burn injuries, where she battled for her life for four days.
Ashok, father of the girl told the police that his daughter had spurned the overtures of Arjun and he had been stalking her for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days