Girl dies after attack by jilted lover
Lucknow: The 17-year-old girl who was set on fire by a jilted lover in Hathras in Uttar Pradesh Dec 31 succumbed to her burn injuries Saturday, police said.
The girl who had sustained 90 percent burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, passed away early Saturday, officials said.
The attacker, who was arrested would now also face murder charges. The girl was attacked inside her house in Sasni Gate area in Hathras. Arjun doused her with kerosene and set her on fire inside the girl`s house.
She was rushed to Aligarh with burn injuries, where she battled for her life for four days.
Ashok, father of the girl told the police that his daughter had spurned the overtures of Arjun and he had been stalking her for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city