Girl dies after attack by jilted lover
Lucknow: The 17-year-old girl who was set on fire by a jilted lover in Hathras in Uttar Pradesh Dec 31 succumbed to her burn injuries Saturday, police said.
The girl who had sustained 90 percent burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, passed away early Saturday, officials said.
The attacker, who was arrested would now also face murder charges. The girl was attacked inside her house in Sasni Gate area in Hathras. Arjun doused her with kerosene and set her on fire inside the girl`s house.
She was rushed to Aligarh with burn injuries, where she battled for her life for four days.
Ashok, father of the girl told the police that his daughter had spurned the overtures of Arjun and he had been stalking her for some time.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt