Girl dies after attack by jilted lover
Lucknow: The 17-year-old girl who was set on fire by a jilted lover in Hathras in Uttar Pradesh Dec 31 succumbed to her burn injuries Saturday, police said.
The girl who had sustained 90 percent burn injuries and was admitted to a hospital in Aligarh, passed away early Saturday, officials said.
The attacker, who was arrested would now also face murder charges. The girl was attacked inside her house in Sasni Gate area in Hathras. Arjun doused her with kerosene and set her on fire inside the girl`s house.
She was rushed to Aligarh with burn injuries, where she battled for her life for four days.
Ashok, father of the girl told the police that his daughter had spurned the overtures of Arjun and he had been stalking her for some time.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan