Girl dies after being beaten by teacher in Lucknow
Lucknow: A teacher of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district has been arrested after he allegedly beat up a seven-year-old girl student who died after she succumbed to her injuries, police said Thursday.
Amar Singh Guatam, a teacher at Sarikhat Primary Pathshala in Auraiya district, allegedly thrashed class three student Akansha for not bringing her Hindi textbook.
"The incident took place Dec 21 in which the girl probably suffered internal injuries. Later, Akansha informed her father about the incident, complaining of pain in the neck. The next day, Dec 22, the condition of the young girl deteriorated and she was taken to a primary health centre," police inspector Deepak Mishra told reporters in Auraiya, about 250 km from Lucknow.
"The doctors at the primary health centre referred the girl to the district hospital saying that some of the medical tests can only be conducted there. Later, the girl died yesterday (Wednesday) at the district hospital," he added.
Education authorities in the Auraiya district have recommended the suspension of Guatam for severely beating the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Is Sonakshi Sinha a part of Salman Khan’s ‘Dabangg 3’? Here’s the answer
- Kareena Kapoor Khan not in ‘Veerey Di Wedding’? Sonam Kapoor will tell you the truth
- Magnitude 6.4 quake hits Italy near Perugia – USGS
- Turning the tide on hair loss
- Rajnath Singh in Kashmir, says those who believe in 'Kashmiriyat' are welcome for talks