Girl dies after being beaten by teacher in Lucknow
Lucknow: A teacher of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district has been arrested after he allegedly beat up a seven-year-old girl student who died after she succumbed to her injuries, police said Thursday.
Amar Singh Guatam, a teacher at Sarikhat Primary Pathshala in Auraiya district, allegedly thrashed class three student Akansha for not bringing her Hindi textbook.
"The incident took place Dec 21 in which the girl probably suffered internal injuries. Later, Akansha informed her father about the incident, complaining of pain in the neck. The next day, Dec 22, the condition of the young girl deteriorated and she was taken to a primary health centre," police inspector Deepak Mishra told reporters in Auraiya, about 250 km from Lucknow.
"The doctors at the primary health centre referred the girl to the district hospital saying that some of the medical tests can only be conducted there. Later, the girl died yesterday (Wednesday) at the district hospital," he added.
Education authorities in the Auraiya district have recommended the suspension of Guatam for severely beating the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan