Girl dies after being beaten by teacher in Lucknow
Lucknow: A teacher of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district has been arrested after he allegedly beat up a seven-year-old girl student who died after she succumbed to her injuries, police said Thursday.
Amar Singh Guatam, a teacher at Sarikhat Primary Pathshala in Auraiya district, allegedly thrashed class three student Akansha for not bringing her Hindi textbook.
"The incident took place Dec 21 in which the girl probably suffered internal injuries. Later, Akansha informed her father about the incident, complaining of pain in the neck. The next day, Dec 22, the condition of the young girl deteriorated and she was taken to a primary health centre," police inspector Deepak Mishra told reporters in Auraiya, about 250 km from Lucknow.
"The doctors at the primary health centre referred the girl to the district hospital saying that some of the medical tests can only be conducted there. Later, the girl died yesterday (Wednesday) at the district hospital," he added.
Education authorities in the Auraiya district have recommended the suspension of Guatam for severely beating the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened