Girl dies after being beaten by teacher in Lucknow
Lucknow: A teacher of a government-run primary school in Uttar Pradesh`s Auraiya district has been arrested after he allegedly beat up a seven-year-old girl student who died after she succumbed to her injuries, police said Thursday.
Amar Singh Guatam, a teacher at Sarikhat Primary Pathshala in Auraiya district, allegedly thrashed class three student Akansha for not bringing her Hindi textbook.
"The incident took place Dec 21 in which the girl probably suffered internal injuries. Later, Akansha informed her father about the incident, complaining of pain in the neck. The next day, Dec 22, the condition of the young girl deteriorated and she was taken to a primary health centre," police inspector Deepak Mishra told reporters in Auraiya, about 250 km from Lucknow.
"The doctors at the primary health centre referred the girl to the district hospital saying that some of the medical tests can only be conducted there. Later, the girl died yesterday (Wednesday) at the district hospital," he added.
Education authorities in the Auraiya district have recommended the suspension of Guatam for severely beating the girl.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!