Girl dies two weeks after being set on fire following rape attempt
Allahabad: A minor girl, who was set on fire by a youth and his parents after he had tried to rape her earlier this month, has succumbed to her injuries at a hospital here after battling for life for about two weeks.
The 15-year-old girl, who hailed from Jigna village under Shankergarh police station area, about 50 kms from the city, breathed her last at the SRN Hospital yesterday where she had been admitted on January 06 with 80 percent burn injuries, police said.
The girl, who hailed from a family of vegetable-sellers, was set on fire by Gyan Singh and his parents who were afraid that she might lodge a complaint against Singh who had tried to sexually assault her the previous day, the spokesman added.
"With the girl`s death we have enough evidence to press for death penalty for Singh and his parents who had been arrested immediately after she was admitted to hospital," Senior Superintendent of Police of Allahabad Mohit Agarwal said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sebastian Vettel supports world champions Lewis Hamilton over yellow-flag row with Nico Rosberg
- Viral video: Indian girl pranks mother by saying she's lesbian, see what happens next – Must Watch
- President Pranab Mukherjee has been guardian, mentor to me: PM Modi
- Ridiculously funny video: Man shows his dance moves in middle of busy Mumbai street - Watch
- From Sept 1, rail passengers to get Rs 10 lakh insurace cover for premium of just Re 1