Girl gang-raped in moving car, slapped by doctor to keep mum in UP
Allahabad: A college girl was abducted and allegedly gangraped in a moving car by four men in Colonelganj area of the city.
The girl, who was gangraped on April 27, also alleged that she was threatened and slapped during her medical examination by a woman doctor, who asked her to withdraw her complaint.
Two of the accused have been arrested, police said, adding the girl has identified one of them.
Earlier, the police had registered a case of abduction and assault, however, a case of rape was registered later.
The girl, who was admitted to a hospital here on Saturday night, regained consciousness yesterday.
After her statement, Superintendent of Police AK Pande directed the police last night to include sections relating to sexual assault in the FIR.
Fresh medical test of the girl has also been ordered while the doctor who carried out the earlier examination is likely to be quizzed, sources said.
One of the four accused is a distant relative of the victim, police said, adding that she was left on roadside after the incident.
The girl, in her early 20s, alleged that the doctor who conducted the test had asked her to withdraw her complaint and even slapped her when she refused to do so.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read