Girl killed by family for eloping in UP
Bijnor: In a case of dishonour killing, a girl
was allegedly done to death by her family members for eloping with a youth, who was also injured in the attack in Najibabad
area here, police sources said.
Arun Kumar (22), a resident of Gurha Sarai village, was
having an affair with a 19-year-old girl and the couple eloped
from their houses last Saturday, they said.
Police said that when the couple was returning to the
village yesterday, they were attacked by the girl`s family
members with sticks and sharp-edged weapons.
The couple was rushed to district hospital where the
doctors declared the girl dead, they said adding that Arun was
stated to be critical.
Superintendent of Police Dalveer Singh Yadav said that
the guilty would be booked after primary investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Sunil Grover responds to Kapil Sharma’s ‘sorry’ tweet, says ‘don’t act like a God’
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what