Girl killed by family for eloping in UP
Bijnor: In a case of dishonour killing, a girl
was allegedly done to death by her family members for eloping with a youth, who was also injured in the attack in Najibabad
area here, police sources said.
Arun Kumar (22), a resident of Gurha Sarai village, was
having an affair with a 19-year-old girl and the couple eloped
from their houses last Saturday, they said.
Police said that when the couple was returning to the
village yesterday, they were attacked by the girl`s family
members with sticks and sharp-edged weapons.
The couple was rushed to district hospital where the
doctors declared the girl dead, they said adding that Arun was
stated to be critical.
Superintendent of Police Dalveer Singh Yadav said that
the guilty would be booked after primary investigations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon