Girl, lover caught after staging fake kidnapping in Kanpur
Kanpur: The kidnapping of a 19-year-old girl from Kidwai Nagar here for ransom of Rs five lakh turned out to be a staged affair with police today exposing the duo who had hatched the plan to use the money to elope.
The girl was reported missing after her CS coaching class last evening and her father had claimed he received a call on his cellphone demanding a payment of Rs five lakh for her safe return, Babupurva Circle Officer Pavitra Mohan Tripathi said.
The girl`s father filed an FIR in the matter following which police swung into action and traced the number from which the ransom call had been made, he said.
It was found to belong to one Lokesh who was reportedly in a romantic relationship with the "kidnapped" girl, he said.
The duo was found near the boy`s house around noon today with police saying that they would take action against the two for staging the kidnapping and harassing government officials.
Police are looking for others who might have been involved in the fake kidnapping.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Islamic State 'poster girl' beaten to death by jihadists