Girl molested on board Rajdhani Express
Lucknow: A pantry car staffer was arrested on Friday afternoon for molesting a young girl on board Sealdah-New Delhi Rajdhani Express, police said.
Mohd Sheikh, 24, attempted to outrage the modesty of the girl late Thursday night near Chandauli.
The girl raised an alarm and fellow passengers came to her rescue. The man was handed over to the Government Railway Police (GRP) at Mughalsarai.
Police said the man was drunk and does not have any past criminal record.
The girl, who is a resident of Gaya and studies in Delhi, told police that a few other pantry staffers were loitering around the wash room and were drunk.
A case has been registered and a probe is underway, said spokesman of the GRP.
This is the third incident of molestation on trains in Uttar Pradesh in less than a week.
The first was on October 01 when a senior Indian Administrative Services (IAS) officer of the Uttar Pradesh government was arrested for molesting a woman on board the Lucknow Mail train.
Two days later, a group of youngsters tried to molest some girls returning from work on board a suburban train at Unnao between Kanpur and Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part II
- Panel discussion on how Pampore attack destabilized India's relation with Pakistan - Part III
- Hafiz Saeed warns of jihad to free Pak rivers from India
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur