Girl raped, brother of BSP worker arrested
Meerut: An incident of rape of a 15-year-old girl by two persons has come to the light here even as police have arrested an alleged accused, the brother of a BSP leader and Zila panchayat member.
The victim, a class X student, a resident of Partapur area, alleged that she was raped by two men, one of whom is a brother of a local BSP worker, while she was returning from forest yesterday evening, police said today.
The girl later informed her parents about the incident and was sent for medical check-up, they said.
A case has been registered against the two accused - Gaurav and Nikhil, based on the victim`s complaint, they said.
While Gaurav, the brother of BSP leader and Zila panchayat member Nisha Jatav, has been arrested, the second accused is still at large, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!