Girl raped, brother of BSP worker arrested
Meerut: An incident of rape of a 15-year-old girl by two persons has come to the light here even as police have arrested an alleged accused, the brother of a BSP leader and Zila panchayat member.
The victim, a class X student, a resident of Partapur area, alleged that she was raped by two men, one of whom is a brother of a local BSP worker, while she was returning from forest yesterday evening, police said today.
The girl later informed her parents about the incident and was sent for medical check-up, they said.
A case has been registered against the two accused - Gaurav and Nikhil, based on the victim`s complaint, they said.
While Gaurav, the brother of BSP leader and Zila panchayat member Nisha Jatav, has been arrested, the second accused is still at large, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Parties should be united against terrorism, says Rajnath Singh
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez