Girl raped, brother of BSP worker arrested
Meerut: An incident of rape of a 15-year-old girl by two persons has come to the light here even as police have arrested an alleged accused, the brother of a BSP leader and Zila panchayat member.
The victim, a class X student, a resident of Partapur area, alleged that she was raped by two men, one of whom is a brother of a local BSP worker, while she was returning from forest yesterday evening, police said today.
The girl later informed her parents about the incident and was sent for medical check-up, they said.
A case has been registered against the two accused - Gaurav and Nikhil, based on the victim`s complaint, they said.
While Gaurav, the brother of BSP leader and Zila panchayat member Nisha Jatav, has been arrested, the second accused is still at large, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan