Girl raped, brother of BSP worker arrested
Meerut: An incident of rape of a 15-year-old girl by two persons has come to the light here even as police have arrested an alleged accused, the brother of a BSP leader and Zila panchayat member.
The victim, a class X student, a resident of Partapur area, alleged that she was raped by two men, one of whom is a brother of a local BSP worker, while she was returning from forest yesterday evening, police said today.
The girl later informed her parents about the incident and was sent for medical check-up, they said.
A case has been registered against the two accused - Gaurav and Nikhil, based on the victim`s complaint, they said.
While Gaurav, the brother of BSP leader and Zila panchayat member Nisha Jatav, has been arrested, the second accused is still at large, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Determined Sonakshi Sinha's first 'Akira' poster looks intriguing! – Pic inside
- Turkey allows more patrol flights on Syria border by NATO allies: Official
- Video: How Wales's players celebrated rivals England's exit from the Euro 2016. Crazy!
- Anna Hazare unveils poster of his biopic
- Heartbreaking! Nobody tried to save my daughter as she bled to death, says Infosys employee's father