Girl raped, set on fire by youth
Jaunpur: A girl was allegedly raped and set on fire by a youth in Sarai Khawja area of the district.
The girl was sleeping in her house when the accused barged in and allegedly raped her at gun point in Dhannepur village on February 4, police said.
Later, he poured kerosene at the girl and set her on fire.
The girl has been admitted to the district hospital where her condition is stated to be serious, police said.
Efforts are on to nab the culprit who is said to be of the same village.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- LeT chief Lakhvi`s son was gunned down by Indian troops in Kashmir: David Headley