Girl set afire for resisting rape, two held
Lucknow: Two brothers in Uttar Pradesh were arrested for setting afire their 14-year-old neighbour when she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said. The girl received 70 percent burns and is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
The girl, a native of Dhakauli village in Bulandshahr district, some 350 km from Lucknow, was Saturday set ablaze by brothers Mashooq and Ashraf, both in their 20s, while she was alone at her house.
"The incident came to light on Sunday when the victim`s father approached us. According to him, the two set her daughter afire when she raised an alarm after they tried to rape her," police inspector Parminder Pal Singh said.
The girl was referred to a hospital in Delhi after her condition deteriorated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it