Girl set afire for resisting rape, two held
Lucknow: Two brothers in Uttar Pradesh were arrested for setting afire their 14-year-old neighbour when she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said. The girl received 70 percent burns and is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
The girl, a native of Dhakauli village in Bulandshahr district, some 350 km from Lucknow, was Saturday set ablaze by brothers Mashooq and Ashraf, both in their 20s, while she was alone at her house.
"The incident came to light on Sunday when the victim`s father approached us. According to him, the two set her daughter afire when she raised an alarm after they tried to rape her," police inspector Parminder Pal Singh said.
The girl was referred to a hospital in Delhi after her condition deteriorated.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!