Girl set afire for resisting rape, two held
Lucknow: Two brothers in Uttar Pradesh were arrested for setting afire their 14-year-old neighbour when she resisted their attempts to rape her, police said. The girl received 70 percent burns and is battling for life in a Delhi hospital.
The girl, a native of Dhakauli village in Bulandshahr district, some 350 km from Lucknow, was Saturday set ablaze by brothers Mashooq and Ashraf, both in their 20s, while she was alone at her house.
"The incident came to light on Sunday when the victim`s father approached us. According to him, the two set her daughter afire when she raised an alarm after they tried to rape her," police inspector Parminder Pal Singh said.
The girl was referred to a hospital in Delhi after her condition deteriorated.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- Check cgbse.nic.in, www.cgbse.net 10th HS Results 2016 Chhattisgarh CG Board, CGBSE today at 10 AM
- Pakistani Sikhs open temple after 73 years, risking attacks
- 20 killed in Syria regime strike on Aleppo
- Donald Trump vows `America first` foreign policy
- Salah Abdeslam slapped with terror charges over Paris attacks