Girl student kidnapped, villagers pelt stones, block highway
Greater Noida: A 21-year-old female student going to coaching was on Saturday kidnapped by a group of men travelling in a car here.
The girl Situ Shah, a resident of Badalpur, was riding her scooty to her coaching class when the abductors came in a car near Durai and forced her away.
When the news reached her village, the residents rushed to the site and found her scooty on the road.
Eyewitnesses said the men in car kidnapped the girl.
Villagers, protesting the abduction, blocked the highway for a few hours and pelted stones. They called off their agitation after senior police officers, including SSP Pritinder Singh, assured them that police will find the girl soon.
By late evening, the girl remained traceable.
"We have launched efforts to trace the girl and arrest the kidnappers", Umesh Roriya SHO of Badalpur, told PTI.
Asked to comment on report that the girl’s body was recovered from other area in the evening, the SHO said "I have no knowledge of that. It may be rumour. However, I will inquire from other police stations if some body was recovered there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed