Girl student kidnapped, villagers pelt stones, block highway
Greater Noida: A 21-year-old female student going to coaching was on Saturday kidnapped by a group of men travelling in a car here.
The girl Situ Shah, a resident of Badalpur, was riding her scooty to her coaching class when the abductors came in a car near Durai and forced her away.
When the news reached her village, the residents rushed to the site and found her scooty on the road.
Eyewitnesses said the men in car kidnapped the girl.
Villagers, protesting the abduction, blocked the highway for a few hours and pelted stones. They called off their agitation after senior police officers, including SSP Pritinder Singh, assured them that police will find the girl soon.
By late evening, the girl remained traceable.
"We have launched efforts to trace the girl and arrest the kidnappers", Umesh Roriya SHO of Badalpur, told PTI.
Asked to comment on report that the girl’s body was recovered from other area in the evening, the SHO said "I have no knowledge of that. It may be rumour. However, I will inquire from other police stations if some body was recovered there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'