Girl student kidnapped, villagers pelt stones, block highway
Greater Noida: A 21-year-old female student going to coaching was on Saturday kidnapped by a group of men travelling in a car here.
The girl Situ Shah, a resident of Badalpur, was riding her scooty to her coaching class when the abductors came in a car near Durai and forced her away.
When the news reached her village, the residents rushed to the site and found her scooty on the road.
Eyewitnesses said the men in car kidnapped the girl.
Villagers, protesting the abduction, blocked the highway for a few hours and pelted stones. They called off their agitation after senior police officers, including SSP Pritinder Singh, assured them that police will find the girl soon.
By late evening, the girl remained traceable.
"We have launched efforts to trace the girl and arrest the kidnappers", Umesh Roriya SHO of Badalpur, told PTI.
Asked to comment on report that the girl’s body was recovered from other area in the evening, the SHO said "I have no knowledge of that. It may be rumour. However, I will inquire from other police stations if some body was recovered there".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- Know who replaced Katrina Kaif in film opposite Jackie Chan
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview