Girl`s harassment triggers clash in Lucknow
Lucknow: A case was filed Monday against unidentified people from two communities involved in stone-pelting after a girl was allegedly harassed, police said.
The two groups clashed Sunday night in Bazarkhala in the old city area of the capital after the girl was allegedly harassed, Bazarkhala Circle Officer Sarvesh Kumar Mishra said.
The mob was dispersed and a heavy police force was deployed in the area over fear of escalation of violence. In Muzaffarnagar, a similar harassment incident flared up into communal riots, leaving 63 dead and several thousands homeless.
"We have now identified the mischief makers and they will be arrested soon," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read