Girl`s harassment triggers clash in Lucknow
Lucknow: A case was filed Monday against unidentified people from two communities involved in stone-pelting after a girl was allegedly harassed, police said.
The two groups clashed Sunday night in Bazarkhala in the old city area of the capital after the girl was allegedly harassed, Bazarkhala Circle Officer Sarvesh Kumar Mishra said.
The mob was dispersed and a heavy police force was deployed in the area over fear of escalation of violence. In Muzaffarnagar, a similar harassment incident flared up into communal riots, leaving 63 dead and several thousands homeless.
"We have now identified the mischief makers and they will be arrested soon," a police official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter