Girls outperform boys in Uttar Pradesh board exams
Lucknow: Girls have done better than boys in the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, the results of which were declared Thursday, an official said.
"The total pass percentage of girls is 89.62, while that of boys is 73.55. The overall pass percentage is 80.54," director of Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad, Sanjay Mohan told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
According to officials, this year 15,36,949 students registered for the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, out of which 14,78,040 students appeared for the exams.
Sultanpur district recorded a pass percentage of 91.06, the best in the state, while the lowest pass percentage of 37.38 was recorded in Ballia district, officials said.
Though no official merit list has been released by the board, sources said Navdeep Kumar, a Hindi medium student from the Saraswati Vidya Mandir in Fatehpur district topped the exam with 93.40 percent marks.
A few years ago, the board officials decided to scrap the merit list, saying it created unhealthy competition among students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress to hold legislature party meeting in Puducherry today, decision on CM candidate likely
- VHP president Praveen Togadia visits Bajrang Dal's 'self-defence' camp in Noida, defends arms training of activists
- WATCH: INCREDIBLE! Not just AB de Villiers but wife Danielle too is multitalented
- Check rajresults.nic.in, rajeduboard.nic.in for Rajasthan Board BSER Class 12 (Arts) Examination Results 2016 to be declared after 3 pm on May 28
- Mass rape video shocks Brazil as teen girl drugged, gang-raped by over 30 men in Rio