Girls outperform boys in Uttar Pradesh board exams
Lucknow: Girls have done better than boys in the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, the results of which were declared Thursday, an official said.
"The total pass percentage of girls is 89.62, while that of boys is 73.55. The overall pass percentage is 80.54," director of Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad, Sanjay Mohan told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
According to officials, this year 15,36,949 students registered for the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, out of which 14,78,040 students appeared for the exams.
Sultanpur district recorded a pass percentage of 91.06, the best in the state, while the lowest pass percentage of 37.38 was recorded in Ballia district, officials said.
Though no official merit list has been released by the board, sources said Navdeep Kumar, a Hindi medium student from the Saraswati Vidya Mandir in Fatehpur district topped the exam with 93.40 percent marks.
A few years ago, the board officials decided to scrap the merit list, saying it created unhealthy competition among students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Gold price falls by Rs 100 to Rs 31,150 per ten grams
- Jacqueline Fernandez to walk for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- Sidharth Malhotra bats for Sonakshi Sinha's 'Akira'- Watch cutest promotion video!
- Cristiano Ronaldo reveals desire to end career at Real Madrid at the age of 41
- Get free voice, video call and 4G internet for 90 days on Reliance Jio