Girls outperform boys in Uttar Pradesh board exams
Lucknow: Girls have done better than boys in the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, the results of which were declared Thursday, an official said.
"The total pass percentage of girls is 89.62, while that of boys is 73.55. The overall pass percentage is 80.54," director of Uttar Pradesh Madhyamik Shiksha Parishad, Sanjay Mohan told reporters in Allahabad, some 200 km from Lucknow.
According to officials, this year 15,36,949 students registered for the Class 12 Uttar Pradesh board exams, out of which 14,78,040 students appeared for the exams.
Sultanpur district recorded a pass percentage of 91.06, the best in the state, while the lowest pass percentage of 37.38 was recorded in Ballia district, officials said.
Though no official merit list has been released by the board, sources said Navdeep Kumar, a Hindi medium student from the Saraswati Vidya Mandir in Fatehpur district topped the exam with 93.40 percent marks.
A few years ago, the board officials decided to scrap the merit list, saying it created unhealthy competition among students.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Bharti Airtel Q4 net up 2.8% to Rs 1,290 crore; revenue up 8.4% to Rs 24,960 crore
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad