Give Rs 20 lakh to slain CRPF jawan`s family: CRPF to UP govt
Lucknow: The CRPF has requested Uttar Pradesh government to consider providing financial assistance to family of CRPF personnel Babulal Patel, who was killed in a Naxalite attack at Latehar in Jharkhand.
In a letter to Additional Director General (Law and Order) Arun Kumar, IG CRPF DK Pandey asked the state government to consider providing financial aid of Rs 20 lakh to Patel`s family as in the case of Army jawan Hemraj, who was killed on LoC.
Pandey, in his letter, said that as the state government has given compensation to Hemraj`s family it should consider providing the same for Patel`s family as the matter related to morale of the force.
On its part, CRPF is in process of clearing all the financial dues of Patel, he said.
CRPF has already released Rs 16 lakh and another cheque of similar amount would be handed over to Patel`s family in Allahabad tomorrow by DIG, CRPF.
Apna Dal in the state has already demanded compensation for the Patel`s family. "I demand a financial assistance of Rs 25 lakh from the state and Rs 50 lakh from the Centre and job for the dependent," Apna Dal leader Anupriya Patel said.
The Naxals had surgically inserted an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the body of the slain jawan Babulal who was killed on January 7 in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district. Patel belongs to Allahabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday