Give Rs 20 lakh to slain CRPF jawan`s family: CRPF to UP govt
Lucknow: The CRPF has requested Uttar Pradesh government to consider providing financial assistance to family of CRPF personnel Babulal Patel, who was killed in a Naxalite attack at Latehar in Jharkhand.
In a letter to Additional Director General (Law and Order) Arun Kumar, IG CRPF DK Pandey asked the state government to consider providing financial aid of Rs 20 lakh to Patel`s family as in the case of Army jawan Hemraj, who was killed on LoC.
Pandey, in his letter, said that as the state government has given compensation to Hemraj`s family it should consider providing the same for Patel`s family as the matter related to morale of the force.
On its part, CRPF is in process of clearing all the financial dues of Patel, he said.
CRPF has already released Rs 16 lakh and another cheque of similar amount would be handed over to Patel`s family in Allahabad tomorrow by DIG, CRPF.
Apna Dal in the state has already demanded compensation for the Patel`s family. "I demand a financial assistance of Rs 25 lakh from the state and Rs 50 lakh from the Centre and job for the dependent," Apna Dal leader Anupriya Patel said.
The Naxals had surgically inserted an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) in the body of the slain jawan Babulal who was killed on January 7 in an ambush in Jharkhand`s Latehar district. Patel belongs to Allahabad district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj