Given injection by rickshaw-puller, baby dies in UP hospital
Ballia (UP): An eight-month-old baby admitted to a district hospital died on Wednesday after a rickshaw-puller allegedly gave him an injection, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the child`s family, the incident took place this morning when the accused, allegedly in an inebriated state, administered an injection to the baby leading to his death, Additional Superintendent of Police, KC Goswami said.
Additional District Magistrate KP Singh has been ordered to probe the charges and submit his report to the district magistrate.
In July last year, a sweeper was caught on camera attending patients in emergency ward of the same hospital.
Sweeper Raj Kumar had claimed he administers injections and stitches according to instructions given by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends