Given injection by rickshaw-puller, baby dies in UP hospital
Ballia (UP): An eight-month-old baby admitted to a district hospital died on Wednesday after a rickshaw-puller allegedly gave him an injection, police said.
According to a complaint filed by the child`s family, the incident took place this morning when the accused, allegedly in an inebriated state, administered an injection to the baby leading to his death, Additional Superintendent of Police, KC Goswami said.
Additional District Magistrate KP Singh has been ordered to probe the charges and submit his report to the district magistrate.
In July last year, a sweeper was caught on camera attending patients in emergency ward of the same hospital.
Sweeper Raj Kumar had claimed he administers injections and stitches according to instructions given by doctors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter