Giving affordable, quality treatment to poor is a challenge: Akhilesh Yadav
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav on Saturday said providing affordable and quality treatment to the poor is a major challenge, and his government was trying to deal with it.
Addressing the 31st Annual Conference of the UP chapter of Physicians of India at the Scientific Convention Centre here, Akhilesh said it was the endeavour of the SP government that inequality in the society should come to an end, and for which it was giving momentum to development activities.
He vowed that all development needs, from connecting district headquarters with four-lane roads to opening medical colleges in the state, will be met at any cost.
He said in the light of changes in diseases, treatment and medicine such conferences were a necessity. On doctor- patient relationship, the Chief Minister stressed patients should get the confidence that medication would help them and asked the doctors to focus on poor patients.
Yadav said his government was making serious efforts to ensure the availability of good doctors in the state. Following the state government`s efforts this year, 500 seats in MBBS courses have been increased and three new medical colleges are being opened, he said.
Terming the erstwhile government`s move to change the name of King George Medical University as playing with its identity, Akhilesh said KGMU is well-known in the country and abroad, and by restoring its name the SP government has tried to maintain its identity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das