GNIDA ready to negotiate; farmers disappointed
Greater Noida: Greater Noida Industrial
Development Authority (GNIDA) today said it will launch fresh
negotiations with farmers and was hopeful of getting their
approval after the Allahabad High Court gave them till August
12 to arrive at an out-of-court settlement with the Authority.
The decision of the High Court to refer all petitions
from Noida and Greater Noida areas against land acquisition to
a larger bench, however, left the farmers disappointed, who
said they will agree on nothing less than the "market price"
for their land.
"We will hold negotiations with farmers. They will be
given the benefit of new rehabilitation policy. We hope to get
the farmers` approval," said Rama Raman, Chief Executive
Officer of GNIDA.
Farmers of Bisrakh, Haibatpur and other villages, who
were expecting a judgement in their favour, said they were not
ready to negotiate at this stage.
"Farmers will not negotiate," farmer leader Dushyant
Nagar said. When asked what price would be acceptable to
farmers, Nagar said, "We want the market rate. At the nearby
Ghaziabad in Raj Nagar Extension, builders bought land from
farmers at Rs 12000 per square yard. The same rate would be
acceptable to Noida Extension farmers."
Villagers in Patwari, where the court had quashed land
acquisition, also insisted that their land be returned.
"We first want our land back. Then we will have more
negotiating powers. Now the Authority will pressurise us by
threatening to carry out demolition on our `abadi` land by
terming it unauthorised construction. They will also stop
development in the village," said a villager.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Piers Morgan pokes fun at India's performance in Rio: Here's how Virender Sehwag SHUT him down
- Raj Thackeray defies SC order, MNS ties Dahi-Handi at 49 feet in Thane
- Fashion for me is feeling glamorous, confident: Shraddha Kapoor
- Jio does Apple, people throng Reliance Stores for free 4G test SIM
- SHOCKING: DySP forces women trainees to mention their period dates, makes fun of pregnant cadet