Golden seat for Vrindavan temple`s deity costs Rs 5.5 crores
Mathura: A golden seat, estimated to cost a whopping Rs 5.5 crore, will be built for the principal deity of famous Bankey Behari temple Vrindavan here, a move that has rankled some of the temple committee members.
"The golden seat would be manufactured within the temple premises and a committee would be set up to supervise the construction," temple committee president Nand Kishor Upmanyu said on Thursday.
"Videography of the manufacturing process under CCTV would also be done," Upmanyu said.
However, a faction of the temple committee, including committee member Brajesh Goswami and Rajat Goswami, opposing the move, said priority should be given to pilgrims facilities, expansion of the area of the temple and protecting land of the temple by constructing boundary wall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred