Golden seat for Vrindavan temple`s deity costs Rs 5.5 crores
Mathura: A golden seat, estimated to cost a whopping Rs 5.5 crore, will be built for the principal deity of famous Bankey Behari temple Vrindavan here, a move that has rankled some of the temple committee members.
"The golden seat would be manufactured within the temple premises and a committee would be set up to supervise the construction," temple committee president Nand Kishor Upmanyu said on Thursday.
"Videography of the manufacturing process under CCTV would also be done," Upmanyu said.
However, a faction of the temple committee, including committee member Brajesh Goswami and Rajat Goswami, opposing the move, said priority should be given to pilgrims facilities, expansion of the area of the temple and protecting land of the temple by constructing boundary wall.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!