Good governance linked with transparency: Guv
Lucknow: Good governance is intrinsically
linked with probity and transparency in the functioning of the
government, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi said on Saturday.
"There is a need that every government functionary
maintains professional competence, honesty and integrity...We
need well defined ways and means to check those who vitiate
the very culture of integrity and honesty," Joshi said.
The Governor was addressing a symposium `CBI and Good
Governance: Challenges and Prospects` organised here to mark
the CBI Day.
"A clean and transparent government needs an effective and
professional anti-corruption organisation," he said.
"The intense debates on the Lokpal issue show that there
is visible turmoil in the society. No right thinking man wants
taxpayers` money to be misappropriated," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Justice Pradeep Kant, said,
"Public has a great expectations from the CBI. It should be a
force with full independence."
Former CBI director Trinath Mishra stressed on good
governance and efficient vigilance body.
"Development needs corruption-free environment. Lokayukta
system and RTI are of great help in good governance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?