Good governance linked with transparency: Guv
Lucknow: Good governance is intrinsically
linked with probity and transparency in the functioning of the
government, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi said on Saturday.
"There is a need that every government functionary
maintains professional competence, honesty and integrity...We
need well defined ways and means to check those who vitiate
the very culture of integrity and honesty," Joshi said.
The Governor was addressing a symposium `CBI and Good
Governance: Challenges and Prospects` organised here to mark
the CBI Day.
"A clean and transparent government needs an effective and
professional anti-corruption organisation," he said.
"The intense debates on the Lokpal issue show that there
is visible turmoil in the society. No right thinking man wants
taxpayers` money to be misappropriated," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Justice Pradeep Kant, said,
"Public has a great expectations from the CBI. It should be a
force with full independence."
Former CBI director Trinath Mishra stressed on good
governance and efficient vigilance body.
"Development needs corruption-free environment. Lokayukta
system and RTI are of great help in good governance," he said.
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative