Good governance linked with transparency: Guv
Lucknow: Good governance is intrinsically
linked with probity and transparency in the functioning of the
government, Uttar Pradesh Governor B L Joshi said on Saturday.
"There is a need that every government functionary
maintains professional competence, honesty and integrity...We
need well defined ways and means to check those who vitiate
the very culture of integrity and honesty," Joshi said.
The Governor was addressing a symposium `CBI and Good
Governance: Challenges and Prospects` organised here to mark
the CBI Day.
"A clean and transparent government needs an effective and
professional anti-corruption organisation," he said.
"The intense debates on the Lokpal issue show that there
is visible turmoil in the society. No right thinking man wants
taxpayers` money to be misappropriated," he said.
Speaking on the occasion, Justice Pradeep Kant, said,
"Public has a great expectations from the CBI. It should be a
force with full independence."
Former CBI director Trinath Mishra stressed on good
governance and efficient vigilance body.
"Development needs corruption-free environment. Lokayukta
system and RTI are of great help in good governance," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter