Goods train derails, hits another train
Lucknow: Rail traffic was hit on the busy Jhansi-Delhi route as several wagons and the engine of a goods train derailed and hit another freight train in Uttar Pradesh`s Jhansi district Tuesday, officials said.
"There are no reports of any casualty or injury," Jhansi Divisional Railway Manager Ashok Gupta told reporters. The accident took place near the Jhansi railway station, some 300 km from here.
Officials said the derailed goods train was headed to Delhi. The other train was coming from the opposite direction. The reason for the accident is not known.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal