Goods train derails in Ambedkar Nagar, no casualty
Lucknow: Seven coaches of a coal-laden goods train heading to a National Thermal Power Corporation (NTPC) unit derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Ambedkar Nagar district, an official said Monday. No casualty was reported.
The train, coming from Jharkhand, derailed late Sunday near the Tanda railway station, some 200 km from Lucknow, damaging the tracks for several metres.
"A team of railway officials has already arrived at the spot and operations are under way to repair the damaged tracks," said government railway police inspector SN Singh.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'