Goods train derails in Bareilly, rail traffic hit
Lucknow: A goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district Tuesday, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Lucknow route, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The goods train, heading from Lucknow to Moradabad, derailed near Rasoiya station, some 200 km from here.
"Two wagons of the train derailed and damaged the railway tracks. This affected movement of several long- and short-distance trains," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Ayub Khan told reporters in Bareilly.
"We are yet to establish the specific reason behind the derailment. Railway officials have ordered an enquiry in this regard," he said.
According to another official, the derailment has affected the movement of as many as 10 trains in Bareilly and adjoining districts.
The work to restore traffic on the affected route was underway under the supervision of railway authorities, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred