Goods train derails in Bareilly, rail traffic hit
Lucknow: A goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh`s Bareilly district Tuesday, disrupting rail traffic on the busy Delhi-Lucknow route, officials said. No casualty was reported.
The goods train, heading from Lucknow to Moradabad, derailed near Rasoiya station, some 200 km from here.
"Two wagons of the train derailed and damaged the railway tracks. This affected movement of several long- and short-distance trains," Government Railway Police (GRP) inspector Ayub Khan told reporters in Bareilly.
"We are yet to establish the specific reason behind the derailment. Railway officials have ordered an enquiry in this regard," he said.
According to another official, the derailment has affected the movement of as many as 10 trains in Bareilly and adjoining districts.
The work to restore traffic on the affected route was underway under the supervision of railway authorities, the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan