Goods train derails in UP
New Delhi: A goods train carrying coal derailed near Ulna Bhari station in Uttar Pradesh on Saturday, disrupting movement of trains on Delhi-Howrah main rail route.
The Ayodhya-bound goods train derailed at 12.37 PM this afternoon between Ulna Bhari-Bilhar Ghat stations on Barabanki-Zafarabad section of Lucknow Division, said a senior Northern Railway official.
Eight coal wagons derailed and as a result movement of rail traffic has been suspended temporarily as the mainline section has been blocked.
The official said Accident Relief Trains (ART) from Faizabad, Lucknow and Mughalsarai stations have already been pressed into service to restore the blocked section.
Senior railway officials are supervising the restoration work for an early start of normal train movement on the affected section, he said.
While Varanasi-Ayodhya-Gonda Intercity Express was cancelled, several trains have been diverted due to the derailment.
The train which are being diverted from their usual routes include Howrah-Kotdwar Doon Express, Delhi-Malda Town Farrakha Express, Ferozpur Cantt-Dhanbad Ganga Sutlej Express, Surat-Muzaffarpur Express, Jammu Tawi-Kolkata Sealdah Express, Farrukhabad-Chhapra Express, Darbhanga-Ahmedabad Sabarmati Express, Patna-Kota Express, Faizabad-Delhi Kaifiyat Express and Varanasi-Jodhpur Marudhar Express.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi
- Ahead of 'Kashmir Solidarity Day', Hafiz Saeed's JuD releases controversial video featuring Pakistani Army chief
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- Ravindra Jadeja: Indian all-rounder to get engaged today