Goods train derails in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: Rail traffic was disrupted on the busy Lucknow-Gorakhpur route after a goods train derailed in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday, an official said. No casualty was reported.
Three wagons of the train derailed between Basti and Khalilabad railway stations.
"An inquiry has been initiated," Government Railway Police inspector Raj Kishore told reporters in Basti, some 300 km from here.
"The operation to restore the affected route is on," he added.
The train was heading towards Gorakhpur from Lucknow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'